News & Resources
- NC Coalition on Aging provides recommendations to House Select Committee COVID-19, Health Care on the impact of the pandemic on older adults in North Carolina.
- Coalition Board Members, Board Chair Tracy Colvard and Past Executive Director/Interim Secretary Mary Bethel presented on COVID-19 and senior issues related to the virus to the House Select Committee on COVID-19, Health Care on Thursday, April 9 during the 9:30am meeting.
- March Newsletter Update
- April Newsletter Update
- May Newsletter Update
- June Newsletter Update
- July Newsletter Update
November / December 2019
News includes bullets below & much more…
- State Receives Federal Grant for Partnerships to Combat Opioid Epidemic: Gov. Roy Cooper announced on November 25 that North Carolina has received a new federal grant that will help North Carolina partner with local justice systems — including local law enforcement, courts and others — to prevent opioid overdoses and connect people to treatment. The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) was awarded $6.5 million over the next three years by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance. DHHS will make grant funds available to a minimum of nine sites to implement evidence-based programs for people involved in the justice system based on a competitive application process. To read more about this, click here. (NC DHHS Press Release, 11/25/19)
- Politifact Partnership: WRAL is now the official partner in North Carolina of PolitiFact, the Pulitzer Prize winning organization that fact checks the accuracy of claims made by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter scale. WRAL’s PolitiFact team will offer reports every weekday on the facts behind what politicians and pundits on both sides of the aisle are claiming. (WRAL NEWS, 11/17/19)
Resources of Interest Related To Our Cause...
- Information on North Carolina Can’t Wait for Health Care
- Through caring.com, scholarships are being made available to high school and college students who are taking on the role of caregivers for aging loved ones. These two links can provide more information. (1)Scholarships for Student Caregivers (2) The Caring.com Scholarship. Applications deadline is December 31, 2018.
- Comments on April 27, 2018 on Medicaid Concept Paper on North Carolina’s Vision for Long-term Services and Supports under Managed Care…read comments
- Comments on April 27, 2018 on Medicaid Concept Paper on Using Standardized Social Determinants of Health Screening Questions to Identify and Assist Patients with Unmet Health-related Resource Needs in North Carolina. …read comments
- Handouts from the February 12, 2018 Meeting of the Aging Subcommittee of the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Health and Human Services Including Presentations by the Following Coalition Members: the Association for Home and Hospice Care of NC, the NC Health Care Facilities Association, the NC Senior Living Association, and the NC Adult Day Services Association. …read more
- Handout from Presentation on Transportation and the Aging Population to the NC House Select Committee on Strategic Transportation Planning and Long Term Funding Solutions on January 8, 2018. …read more
- Information Pertaining to Mesothelioma and Pleural Mesothelioma
- Proceedings from the UNC Kenan Institute’s Conference on The Business of Healthcare – Adapting to an Aging Economy.
- Vulnerable Older Adults and the Challenges of Aging in Place
- Older Adults and Debt: Trends, Trade-offs, and Tools to Help
- Caregivers At Risk: The Urgent Need for Fair Pay and Paid Leave For All of NC’s Caregivers
- Making the Case for Aging In Place
- A Critical Problem for the Elderly (and all those who aspire to that status)
- Medicaid’s Role for People with Dementia
- Aging and Disability Partnership – for Managed Long-term Services and Support
- Administration For Community Living (ACL) – Sign Up for Email Updates
- National Council on Aging Email List
- Preserving Medicaid Benefits and Eligibility for 1.8 Million Beneficiaries – Paper Written by Student Lisa Nguyen