Welcome to North Carolina Coalition On Aging
Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults through legislative, public policy, and community actions.
...Benefits of Membership In the Coalition
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Coalition promotes the dignity, self-determination and well-being of North Carolina's older adults. Together, we represent more than 1 million votes in North Carolina.
Join the Coalition on December 12, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm at Transitions LifeCare (250 Hospice Circle in Raleigh) for a Holiday Social/Fundraiser Honoring Our Executive Director Mary Bethel. Register Here...
Event sponsorships are available and items are being accepted for raffle prizes. Contact Chad Walker, Coalition Treasurer, at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to secure a sponsorship and/or to provide a raffle prize.
The Coalition Is Pleased To Announce Vision 20/20
Vision 20/20 is a campaign to support Coalition capacity building and programming to move the needle on aging issues in North Carolina. Click on the bullet links below to learn more about the campaign including how to enter into partnership opportunities with the Coalition and to make contributions to the campaign.
2019 Coalition's Annual Meeting
The Coalition Gives Special Thanks to the Sponsors for the 2019 Annual Meeting/ Luncheon and for Our Continuing Work...
- AARP North Carolina
- LeadingAge North Carolina
- The Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program
- UNC Center for Aging and Health
- We Work for Health
- NC Assisted Living Association
- Randolph Cloud and Associates
- Transitions LifeCare
- Association for Home and Hospice Care of NC
- National Assoc. of Social Workers: NC Chapter
- NC Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- NC Association on Aging
- NC Senior Living Association
- The Carolinas Center
- NC Baptist Aging Ministry
- NC Senior Games
- Patti Sacchettii
- Rep. Mary Ann Black
- State Employees Association of NC
- The Institute for Family Caregiving
- Access Dental Care
- Affinity Living Group
- NC Justice Center
- NC Partnership to AddressAdult Abuse
- Southern Gerontological Society
Acceptance of sponsorship funds by the NC Coalition on Aging does not note support or endorsement of individuals, organizations, or programs of sponsors.
2019 Legislative Priorities
- Invest state dollars in adult protective services (APS), mandated core services provided by county departments of social services to our state’s most vulnerable adults.
- Close the health insurance coverage gap in the state.
- Increase the recurring state funding for the Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) by $7 million.
- Increase funding for the Housing Trust Fund and increase the Homestead Property Tax Exemption to help ensure older adults and persons with disabilities have safe and affordable housing.
- Conduct a comprehensive study about how the state can better support family care- givers, particularly caregivers who are in the workforce so they can continue to work.
...Read More Information About The Priorities
- State of the Coalition on Aging - September 2019
- Comments on Social Services Block Grant Plan - June, 17, 2019 ...review comments
- Comments Pertaining to CAP/DA Waiver Application - February 1, 2019 ...review comments
- Summary of the "State of the Coalition on Aging - September 2018 ...review summary
- Letter to NC DHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen on August 14, 2018 on Food Insecurity Among Older Adults in North Carolina ...read letter
- August 28, 2018 Response from Dr. Cohen to Letter. ...read response
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors Resources:
- 2018 Budget Bill (SB 99) Provisions of Particular Interest to Aging Advocates ...review budget
- Notes for Talking Points for Aging Policy Listening Sessions - May/June 2018 ...read notes
Friday January 24, 2020 ...More Details
Other Meetings of Interest
March 5-6, 2020 - NC Association on Aging Annual Conference - at Baliste Hotel in Wilmington
April 18-20, 202041st Annual Southern Gerontological Society Conference - at The Hilton Norfolk/The Main, Norfolk, Va.
April 20-22, 2020 - LeadingAge Leadership Summitt - Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, D.C.
...more meetings of interest
The Coalition has a Job Opening for New Executive
Director Effective January 1, 2020 ...click for details
Nov/Dec News Edition Highlights...
- Legislative Wrap Up: Numerous communications have been sent out during the 2019 legislative session to provide an update on all the happenings at 16 W. Jones Street as highlighted on pages 3-5 in our Nov/Dec News Edition.
- Continuing Resolution Passed Through December 20, 2019: On Thursday, November 21, the U.S. Senate cleared a continuing resolution (CR) that will extend funding for the federal government through December 20. This legislation was then signed into law by President Trump.
Read the full legislation. (Advancing States Friday Update, 11/22/19)
...Read the Nov/Dec News Edition
Day at Legislature ... more info
Annual Meeting ... more info
The NC Coalition on Aging welcomes donations to help further our work on behalf of older North Carolinians. All donations are put back into our advocacy, public policy, and community action efforts.
NC Coalition on Aging - P.O. Box 12762 - Raleigh, NC 27605
General Inquiries - email@example.com
Coalition Executive Director - Mary Bethel firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook