Welcome to North Carolina Coalition On Aging
Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults through legislative, public policy, and community actions.
...Benefits of Membership In the Coalition
2017 Pioneer Award Recipients Named
The Coalition on Aging established the Pioneer Award in 2016 to recognize individuals who have made long-time outstanding
contribution to the field of aging in North Carolina. This year we are pleased to recognize three long-time passionate aging
advocates and leaders of the Coalition as recipients of the Award. The three recipients are Dee Hatch, Dick Hatch, and Polly
CLICK HERE to learn more about the accomplishments and contributions of each of the three.
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Coalition promotes the dignity, self-determination and well-being of North Carolina's older adults. Together, we represent more than 1 million votes in North Carolina.
2018 Legislative Priorities
- Increase the recurring state funding for the
Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) by $7 million.
- Increase state funding and support for
adult protective services (APS) and public guardianship services and conduct a comprehensive evaluation of these services.
- In order to better support direct care workers and help reduce worker turnover, invest in
the Medicaid Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults(CAP-DA) programs by increasing the reimbursement rate from $13.88 per hour to the national average of $18.82.
- Pass legislation that will support
working family caregivers and help to keep them in the workforce.
...Read More Information About The Priorities
- Handouts from December 13, 2017 Meeting of the Aging Subcommittee of the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Health and Human Services including Presentation by the Coalition's President. ...read
- Handout from Presentation on Transportation and the Aging Population to the NC House Select Committee on Strategic Transportation Planning and Long Term Funding Solutions on January 8, 2018. read
- Proposed Program Design for Medicaid Managed Care - Comments by Coalition's President September 8, 2017...
- Legislation Passed in the 2017 Legislative Session of Special Interest to Aging Advocates/Members of the N.C. Coalition on Aging ...read
- Key Provisions of Budget Bill (Senate Bill 257) Related to Aging - June 21, 2017 ...read
- Key Items Related to Aging in Joint Conference Committee Report (Money Report) on Base, Capital, and Expansion Budget - June 21, 2017 ...read
- Coalition's Comments on Medicaid and NC Health Choice Transformations - Submitted to NC DHHS May 22, 2017
- Supplemental Material on Support for Home and Community Care Block Grant - (For Legislative Advocacy - May 17, 2017) ...read more
- Supplemental Material on Adult Protective Services and Guardianship in North Carolina
- A Crisis in the Making (For Legislative Advocacy - May 17,
- Statement from Coalition on Senate's Budget Proposal - (May 10, 2017)
NC Coalition on Aging - P.O. Box 12762 - Raleigh, NC 27605
General Inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition President - Mary Bethel - email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
Friday January 26, 2018 ...More Details
Other Meetings of Interest
March 1-4, 2018 - Association for Gerontology in Higher Education Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia.
March 14-15, 2018 - NC Association on Aging State Aging Conference at Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC
March 26-29, 2018
- American Society on Aging’s 'Aging in America Conference' in San Francisco, CA.
April 10-14, 2018 - Southern Gerontological Society Meeting at Lake Lanier in Buford, Georgia
Dec. News Edition Highlights...
- Congress Passes Sweeping Tax Overhaul: The Senate voted along party lines by a vote of 51-48 early this morning to pass major tax reform legislation dubbed the Tax Cut and Jobs Act that has been sought by President Trump and Republican leaders. To read more about the votes,
- Lifespan Respite Voucher s Available: Reimbursement-based vouchers for $500 are available to help unpaid caregivers across the state caring for an individual with special needs of any age through the Lifespan Respite Voucher program.
- Aging Advocates Express Concerns about Tax Bill: Many aging advocacy organizations have expressed concerns that the tax reform legislation passed will hurt older Americans in a number of ways. Read the entire December Edition to
find out more about this.
Dec. News Edition
Day at Legislature ... more info
Annual Meeting ... more info
The NC Coalition on Aging welcomes donations to help further our work on behalf of older North Carolinians. All donations are put back into our advocacy, public policy, and community action efforts.