Welcome to North Carolina Coalition On Aging
Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults through legislative, public policy, and community actions.
...Benefits of Membership In the Coalition
NC Coalition on Aging Annual Meeting and Luncheon
- Date: Friday, September 28, 2018 -
Save The Date Flyer
- Time: 12:00 Noon (Registration begins 11:30 a.m.)
- Location: NC State University Club - 4200 Hillsborough St., Raleigh, NC
- Keynote Speaker: Howard Bedlin
- Presentation Title: Issues currently taking center stage as well as those likely to emerge
Registration Deadline September 21, 2018
... CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Special Thanks to the Sponsors for the Annual Meeting/Luncheon
- AARP North Carolina
- LeadingAge North Carolina
- NC Seniors' Health Insurance Information Program
- We Work For Health
- Randolph Cloud and Associates
- Transitions LifeCare
- Association for Home and Hospice Care of NC
- NASW – North Carolina Chapter
- North Carolina Assisted Living Association
- The Carolinas Center
- Access Dental Care
- North Carolina Association on Aging
- North Carolina Baptist Aging Ministry
- North Carolina Justice Center
- North Carolina Senior Games
- North Carolina Senior Living Association
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Coalition promotes the dignity, self-determination and well-being of North Carolina's older adults. Together, we represent more than 1 million votes in North Carolina.
2018 Legislative Priorities
- Increase the recurring state funding for the
Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) by $7 million.
- Increase state funding and support for
adult protective services (APS) and public guardianship services and conduct a comprehensive evaluation of these services.
- In order to better support direct care workers and help reduce worker turnover, invest in
the Medicaid Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults(CAP-DA) programs by increasing the reimbursement rate from $13.88 per hour to the national average of $18.82.
- Pass legislation that will support
working family caregivers and help to keep them in the workforce.
...Read More Information About The Priorities
- Letter to NC DHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen on August 14, 2018 on Food Insecurity Among Older Adults in North Carolina
- August 28, 2018 Response from Dr. Cohen to Letter.
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors Resources:
- 2018 Budget Bill (SB 99) Provisions of Particular Interest to Aging Advocates
- Notes for Talking Points for Aging Policy Listening Sessions - May/June 2018 ...read notes
Friday September 28, 2018 - ANNUAL MEETING...More Details
Other Meetings of Interest
September is National Senior Center Month - and the theme is Senior Centers: Building Momentum! The National Council on Aging has
materials to help celebrate the month.
September 22, 2018 - Fall Prevention Awareness Day - It raises awareness about how to prevent fall-related injuries among older adults. To learn more, click here.
September 22, 2018 - 2nd Annual Alzheimer's & Related Dementias Community Summit- 9:00 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. at Martin Street Baptist Church in Raleigh. Information at email@example.com.
...more meetings of interest
August News Edition Highlights...
- Coalition’s Nominating Committee Presents Recommendations for Board: : At the Coalition’s monthly meeting on August 24, the Nominating Committee for the Coalition on Aging presented its recommendations of the seven individuals to serve on the Coalition’s first Board of Directors. For more information about the meeting review the entire
August News Edition.
- Addressing Senior Hunger in North Carolina:
On August 14, the Coalition sent a letter to North Carolina DHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen to express our concern about the prevalence of food insecurity among our state's older citizens. In the letter we ask the Department to take the lead in addressing this challenge, and we note that the Coalition stands ready to assist the Department in any way we can to help tackle this problem. To review more about this effort, review the entire
August News Edition.
...Read the August News Edition
Day at Legislature ... more info
Annual Meeting ... more info
The NC Coalition on Aging welcomes donations to help further our work on behalf of older North Carolinians. All donations are put back into our advocacy, public policy, and community action efforts.