Welcome to North Carolina Coalition On Aging
Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults through legislative, public policy, and community actions.
...Benefits of Membership In the Coalition
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Coalition promotes the dignity, self-determination and well-being of North Carolina's older adults. Together, we represent more than 1 million votes in North Carolina.
2019 Legislative Priorities
- Invest state dollars in adult protective services (APS), mandated core services provided by county departments of social services to our state’s most vulnerable adults.
- Close the health insurance coverage gap in the state.
- Increase the recurring state funding for the Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) by $7 million.
- Increase funding for the Housing Trust Fund and increase the Homestead Property Tax Exemption to help ensure older adults and persons with disabilities have safe and affordable housing.
- Conduct a comprehensive study about how the state can better support family care- givers, particularly caregivers who are in the workforce so they can continue to work.
...Read More Information About The Priorities
- Comments on Social Services Block Grant Plan - June, 17, 2019 ...review comments
- Comments Pertaining to CAP/DA Waiver Application - February 1, 2019...review comments
- Summary of the "State of the Coalition on Aging - September 2018...review summary
- Letter to NC DHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen on August 14, 2018 on Food Insecurity Among Older Adults in North Carolina ...read letter
- August 28, 2018 Response from Dr. Cohen to Letter. ...read response
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors Resources:
- 2018 Budget Bill (SB 99) Provisions of Particular Interest to Aging Advocates ...review budget
- Notes for Talking Points for Aging Policy Listening Sessions - May/June 2018 ...read notes
Friday September 27, 2019 ...More Details
Other Meetings of Interest
September is National Senior Center Month
September 9-11, 2019 - The Carolinas Center's 43rd Annual Hospice & Palliative Care Conference - Hyatt Regency , Greenville, SC. Presentation proposal deadline: March 15, 2019 (www.cchospice.org).
September 10-12, 2019 - NC Senior Living Association's 2019 Convention and Trade Show at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Concord in Concord, NC
September 12-13, 2019 - 2019 Durham VA Health Care System and Community Mental Health Summit at Durham County Administrative Building, Durham, NC
...more meetings of interest
Aug/Sept News Edition Highlights...
- Budget Update: It has been over two months since Governor Cooper vetoed the budget sent to him by the General Assembly because it did not include Medicaid expansion. As the stalemate between the Governor and legislative leadership continues, last week the General Assembly took up and passed several “baby” budgets for various state employee raises (not for retirees). read the entire Aug/Sept News Edition - page 2-3.
- Big News – Medicaid Transformation Delayed: A Medicaid overhaul years in the making got pushed back Tuesday because of the state's ongoing budget fight. More on this topic - read the entire Aug/Sept News Edition- page
...Read the Aug/Sept News Edition
Day at Legislature ... more info
Annual Meeting ... more info
The NC Coalition on Aging welcomes donations to help further our work on behalf of older North Carolinians. All donations are put back into our advocacy, public policy, and community action efforts.
NC Coalition on Aging - P.O. Box 12762 - Raleigh, NC 27605
General Inquiries - email@example.com
Coalition Executive Director - Mary Bethel firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook