Welcome to North Carolina Coalition On Aging
Our mission as a coalition is to improve the quality of life for older adults through legislative, public policy, and community actions.
...Benefits of Membership In the Coalition
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Coalition promotes the dignity, self-determination and well-being of North Carolina's older adults. Together, we represent more than 1 million votes in North Carolina.
2019 Legislative Priorities
- Invest state dollars in
adult protective services (APS), mandated core services provided by county departments of social services to our state’s most vulnerable adults.
- Close the
health insurance coverage gap in the state.
- Increase the recurring state funding for the Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) by $7 million.
- Increase funding for the Housing Trust Fund and increase the Homestead Property Tax Exemption to help ensure older adults and persons with disabilities have safe and affordable housing.
- Conduct a comprehensive study about how the state can better support family care- givers, particularly caregivers who are in the workforce so they can continue to work.
...Read More Information About The Priorities
- Comments on Social Services Block Grant Plan - June, 17, 2019
- Comments Pertaining to CAP/DA Waiver Application - February 1, 2019
- Summary of the "State of the Coalition on Aging - September 2018
- Letter to NC DHHS Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen on August 14, 2018 on Food Insecurity Among Older Adults in North Carolina
- August 28, 2018 Response from Dr. Cohen to Letter.
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors Resources:
- 2018 Budget Bill (SB 99) Provisions of Particular Interest to Aging Advocates
- Notes for Talking Points for Aging Policy Listening Sessions - May/June 2018 ...read notes
NC Coalition on Aging - P.O. Box 12762 - Raleigh, NC 27605
General Inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coalition Executive Director - Mary Bethel - email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
The NC Coalition on Aging welcomes donations to help further our work on behalf of older North Carolinians. All donations are put back into our advocacy, public policy, and community action efforts.
Friday June 28, 2019 ...More Details
Other Meetings of Interest
June 28, 2019 - Monthly Meeting of the NC Coalition on Aging at 10:00 a.m. in Room 104 of the Brown Building on the Dix Campus (801 Biggs Drive) in Raleigh NC
July 30-August 1, 2019 - 2019 NC Social Services Institute - at Hickory Convention Center in Hickory, NC
August 19-21, 2019 - National Adult Protective Services Association 2019 Conference and 1st National "Bridges to Justice" Conference - at Omni Interlocken Resort in Denver, Colorado
...more meetings of interest
May News Edition Highlights...
- Older Americans Act Update: The
U.S. House Appropriations Committee passed its FY 20 funding
bill for Labor-HHS-Education on May 8. More on this topic -
read the entire May News Edition - page 11.
- Senior Health Rankings Report Released – North Carolina Falls in Rankings:
The United Health Foundation released the 2019 America’s Health Rankings Senior Report.
More on this topic -
read the entire May News Edition- page 11.
...Read the May News Edition
Day at Legislature ... more info
Annual Meeting ... more info